Celebrate the stars and stripes with more than just Fireworks! Celebrate with deliciousness!
Nonstick cooking spray
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup stone-ground white cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
5 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons rainbow or red, white and blue sprinkles
2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
2 ounces chopped white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries
One 16-ounce container strawberries
1 tablespoon apple jelly or apricot jam, melted
Yoga can help improve your life in both mental and physical ways, but it can be intimidating if you’ve never been to a class before. You might feel nervous about what to bring, what to wear, and how to follow along, but with these simple tips, you’ll be able to make the most of your first yoga flow.
- Choose the right studio. Look at reviews online to find the best studio in the area. Many yoga studios also have beginner’s classes, so check the schedule before choosing your first class.
- Wear the proper clothing. To stay safe and comfortable during your practice, be sure to wear tight-fitting clothing that you can move around in. If you’re going to a hot yoga class, you also want to wear clothes made from a breathable material.
- Know the tools. If you’re not ready to commit to purchasing your own mat, you can usually rent one from your yoga studio. The studio will also provide a yoga block, towels, and maybe even a blanket.
- Be open-minded. You likely won’t understand all of the terminology or the names of the poses, but just remember that the more you put into your practice, the more you’ll get out of it.
- Take a break. If you start to feel overwhelmed during class, it’s acceptable and encouraged to go into child’s pose or simply lie down on your mat until you catch your breath.
You love to cook, but sometimes making an elaborate dinner just isn’t an option. With some careful planning and a bit of creativity, you can make things like Greek chicken pasta, Thai noodle dishes, and decadent burgers in just a few minutes each night. Here are three Pinterest boards filled with ideas for quick and easy weeknight meals.
Taste of Home’s Quick Dinners
If a lack of time is what's standing between you and a nutritious, flavorful meal, this Pinterest board can help. The majority of these meals take just 20 minutes or less to prepare, and many of them even make enough food to feed the whole family. All of these recipes are proven reliable because they come from the Taste of Home cookbooks, and they contain wholesome ingredients like meats, vegetables, and whole grains.
The main Pinterest board dedicated to Quick Dinners is curated by Coryanne Etienne and contains recipes from some of the top food bloggers from around the web. A Family Feast’s Korean beef barbecue and The First Year’s vegetable calzones are just two of the recipes that certainly sound much more elaborate than they actually are.
Land O’ Lakes’ Easy and Quick Dinners
The beloved butter company’s Pinterest board features simple recipes that you can make using ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen. From Cheesy Dill Tortellini Salad to a portable Bento box filled with tacos, this board offers suggestions for meals at home or on the go.
If you think that you don’t like beets, you may want to reconsider. Although this root vegetable may complicated to prepare, once you learn the proper steps to cooking fresh beets, you just might discover a new favorite side dish! Begin by peeling away the outer skin and slicing off the stalks, then try one of these tasty preparation styles:
- Roast them. One of the most foolproof ways to make beets more appealing to even the pickiest eaters is by roasting them in the oven. Simply peel them (taking care to not stain light countertops or clothing), slice them in half, and drizzle the beets with olive oil before placing them in a foil-lined baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes until they’re tender, fragrant, and flavorful.
- Cook in the microwave. If you’re pressed for time, cooking beets in the microwave is fast and easy. Place the beets in a microwave-safe dish with an inch of water in the bottom, then microwave for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Pickle them. If you’re a fan of the tangy taste of pickled vegetables, try a quick refrigerator pickling process that’s much less involved than more traditional pickling methods.
- Eat them raw. It may seem strange, but raw beets are actually quite delicious. Slice them up in a salad, or even top them with fresh lemon juice for a refreshing snack.
Whether you're shopping for yourself or a friend, a monogram instantly transforms an ordinary gift into a keepsake. Here are two places to shop monogrammed items online.
1) Mark and Graham
Chic and classic personalized gifts are the focus of this online-only retailer, a sibling brand to Williams-Sonoma, West Elm, and Pottery Barn. Shop initial pendants and wristlets for her, monogrammed tech cases and pocket squares for him—even customizable leashes and collars for Fido. Note that Mark and Graham's sibling brands also offer personalized gift items.
The web presence of this online retailer is rooted in "Southern charm and a love of all things pink and green." If your style skews preppy, you'll be delighted to peruse everything from monogrammed flip flops, aprons, and belt buckles to beach towels, car decals, and coasters.
I have been trying to find a really good stylist close to Park La Brea Apartments for a really long time. I found Melrose Hair Studio less than 10 minutes from Park La Brea.
My stylist's name is Lakesha. She is amazing. She does all types of hair textures. If you are blond, brunette or a red head she can take great care of your hair! They are even open on Sundays! Lakesha has 4 of us here in the leasing office as clients. My stylist uses a lot of natural and healthy products. So far my hair has not been breaking or falling out.
The combination of speed and beauty makes luxury car brands like Bugatti, Maserati, and BMW covetable among car enthusiasts around the world. Whether you own one of these priceless automobiles or you’re simply a luxury car admirer, these informative and image-heavy websites will provide hours of eye candy for gear heads of all ages.
Just like the name implies, the Motor Authority website is a respected authority for every type of luxury car on the market today. This site is filled with the latest news about new automobile models from Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Lamborghini, and more, and it also features detailed reviews to give readers the most information possible before purchasing a new luxury vehicle. Motor Authority is a great resource for locating auto shows around the country as well, and the site’s Spy Shots section even allows visitors to take a sneak peek at prototypes of car models that haven’t been released yet.
U.S. News Rankings and Reviews
If you’re simply looking for detailed rankings of the world’s leading luxury cars without all of the extra features, the U.S. News’ Car Rankings page is one of the very best resources. This informative website ranks cars priced at $60,000 or more in order based on a consensus of the top automobile experts in the country and other safety and reliability data. The rankings take into consideration each car’s handling, braking, comfort, cargo space, critics’ ratings, awards, and many other features that might help car owners decide which model is best for them.