We hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day celebrating with the ones you love!
Construction Notice: Weekend Work: Pre-Trenching and PileInstallation North Side of Wilshire and La Brea
Click here for more information.
Park La Brea residents enjoying each other and getting information about nutrition through the Bauman College Wellness Program. For more info visit: Baumancollege.org/wellness
The info session is hosted by the LIFE Program at Park La Brea, Rebecca Pynoos 323-936-7194 is the contact person.
Greetings PLB Residents,
From February 16 through February 26, Park La Brea will be conducting our yearly high-rise evacuation/fire drills. Notices were delivered to the tower residents, with the exact date and time of their event. We encourage all of our tower residents to participate. For the Garden units, we just wanted you to be aware in case you hear the alarms.
Update: Pre-Trenching and Pile Installation North Side of Wilshire and La Brea
The design-builder continues pre-trenching and pile installation on the north side lanes of Wilshire Blvd and La Brea thru March 2016. This operation requires La Brea Directional lane closures on weekends and intermittent street closures of Orange Dr and Sycamore daily. Work consists of pile installation, concrete pours, slurry back fill, steel delivery and various other
Orange Drive and Sycamore Street Closures:
- Intermittent street closures. Access from 6th Street will be maintained.
Weekend Northbound La Brea Directional Closures will require the following:
- La Brea northbound at Wilshire closed for thru traffic.
- Southbound La Brea reduced to one lane from 6th Street to Wilshire.
Weekend Southbound La Brea Closures will require the following:
- La Brea southbound restricted to one thru lane
- Left turn pocket maintained
Click here to view this information on our website.
- Weekdays/Weekend Pile Work Hours, 7am to 11pm with various maintenance activities on an as needed basis from 11pm to 6am.
- Weekend La Brea Lane Closure Hours: Starting at 9pm on Friday night thru 6am Monday morning.
WHERE: Wilshire/La Brea
WHAT: Pre-Trenching and various Pile Installation activities North Side of Wilshire and La Brea.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction may result in changes to bus routes and stop locations. Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations. Real-time information will be available atmetro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Work activity is subject to weather conditions.
NB Directional Detour:
- Northbound La Brea to Eastbound Wilshire to Northbound Highland to Westbound 6th to Northbound La Brea.
Support Local Businesses!
- Take the pledge to Eat, Shop, Play Wilshire at metro.net/eatshopplay.
Everyone was very busy at today’s Debi Doodles Valentines Workshop, as we created a variety of Valentines.
Happy Valentine’s Day and Happy Doodling!
Thank you to the Park La Brea Resident Association for hosting the big game on the big screen for our residents. They did a wonderful job providing snacks and drinks for the game. Residents filled the Theater and the ambiance was electrifying!
Click here for more information.