Got Appeal: Five Banana Recipes
Bananas are one of the most interesting fruits in the world – rich in potassium and other nutrients, they are filling and delicious. The good thing about bananas is that you can use them in a variety of recipes. When cooked, the flesh of a banana reveals a wide variety of flavor complexity. Here are five great ways to use bananas.
– Bananas are great on the grill. One awesome way to make a sweet treat is to slice open the skin of a banana and fill the space with peanut butter chips. Close the skin and throw it on the grill and the peanut butter will melt all over, turning it into a delicious mess.
– Add grilled bananas to a s’more: while you’re roasting the marshmallows, throw some banana slices on the grill until they caramelize. Add them to the graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows to add a new dimension of flavor to the sandwich.
– Banana is great for baking, as it adds sweetness and moisture to quickbreads. Banana bread is a very popular way to use bananas that have become old and brown, but you can use perfectly ripe bananas as well.
– For breakfast, try making banana waffles. Mash the bananas thoroughly and add them to your waffle batter, then cook normally. The fruit will add a crispness to the outside and a fluffiness to the exterior. Add walnuts for extra protein if you like.
– You can even do good things with unripe bananas. Green bananas make awesome fries – peel them, slice the firm flesh, then heat peanut oil to 375 degrees and fry until golden brown. Pat the oil off and lightly salt for a great side dish.