As we prepare for the modernization of elevators in additional towers, it is important to be aware of some elevator operational tips that can improve the operation of the elevators.
- Do not obstruct the elevator doorway with an object. This is often done to hold the elevator for an extended period of time. If this is done too long, the elevator will reset and turn off. If done too often, it burns out the relay and leaves the elevator out of commission.
- Keep both exterior and interior elevator thresholds free and clear from debris. Elevators are complicated devices that require dozens of circuits to be completed in order to operate safely. If debris is preventing a door from completely closing, it is preventing the elevator from completing its circuit. This is the most significant reason elevators are rendered inoperable, and the most avoidable.
- When waiting for an elevator, do not push the opposite directional button in an attempt to get the elevator to your position faster. This just adds another command and further delays other passengers.
- If you see something, say something. If delivery persons are holding doors, let us know. Important facts to report are:
- Time and date of incident
- Who did it
- Moving Company abusing the elevator? Let us know!
We rely on resident involvement to help us. By all of us working together we can improve everyone’s living experience at Park La Brea. Please contact Patrol at (323) 549-5508.
Thank you for your cooperation. We are confident that modernization combined with thoughtful usage will ensure improved elevator operations for all.
Park La Brea Management